- Label on an outline drawing of a horse, or point out on a live horse a minimum of 30 different parts of a horse.
- Label on an outline drawing or point out on a real saddle, a minimum of 10 parts of a Western saddle and nine parts of an English saddle. Label on an outline drawing or point out on a real bridle, a minimum of six parts of a Western bridle and seven parts of an English bridle. Explain how to take care of your tack.
- Describe the purpose of, and wear, a riding helmet and boots (or hard soled shoes with a heal) while working around horses and riding.
- Describe and demonstrate three rules of safety in approaching and catching a horse.
- Describe and demonstrate three rules of safety in leading a horse and show where the safest place is to stand around a horse.
- Choose a safe place to tie a gentle horse, then demonstrate how to tie a gentle horse with a quick release manger knot, or bowline knot, demonstrating and explaining correct length of rope and height from the ground to tie at.
- Demonstrate and explain how to correctly groom a gentle horse.
- Demonstrate and explain how to safely and correctly saddle and bridle a gentle horse.
- Demonstrate and explain how to safely and correctly mount and dismount a gentle horse, and demonstrate a safe, well-balanced seat on a horse that is standing still.
- Demonstrate and explain how to safely start, stop and turn a gentle horse at walk, using leg, weight, voice and rein aids.
- Demonstrate and explain a correct leg-up mounting procedure on a bareback gentle horse that is standing quietly. Ride a gentle bareback horse for a minimum of 30 cumulative minutes at the walk, demonstrating good balance.
- Demonstrate and explain group safety consciousness while riding a gentle horse with a minimum of one other rider. Demonstrate correct spacing, reversing direction and passing other riders in an arena setting, at the walk.
- Negotiate a simple three element trail obstacle course set up on level ground, riding a gentle horse at the walk. Choose from:
- Step over log or pole, maximum height of 16″
- Pass between two barrels or bales of hay spaced 45″ apart
- Zig-zag between poles set at 12 foot intervals
- Walk into a large key-hole (15 foot circle), turn and exit without stepping on or crossing any border line
- Trail ride a gentle horse at the walk for a minimum of four cumulative hours.
- Demonstrate and explain a minimum of three safety rules that apply to group trail rides.
19 på lager
Varenummer (SKU): Horsemanship Kategorier: Spejder duelighedstegn, Sport og fritid (grøn) Tags: dyr, fritid, hest, sport, spring
Du må ha fullført kravene svømning III Forklar de viktigste sikkerhetsreglene for seiling. Du må vite hvordan forskjellig vær og bølger kan påvirke sikkerheten og…
Have the Advanced Beginner’s Swimming Honor. Know and practice the following safety rules: Never ski at night. Never ski during an electrical storm. Always wear…
Have the Intermediate Swimming Honor. With your counselor in stern and without assistance, row properly: A quarter of a mile (0.5 kilometer) on a straight…
(Instructor Required) Satisfactorily pass a standard SCUBA diving course taught by a certified SCUBA diving instructor. NOTE: The following are prerequisites. Be at least 15…