- Select a community or urban area that you’re familiar with and describe, to the best of your ability, the following information: location on a map, economic conditions, demographical description of residents (age, gender, most common jobs, etc.), degree of health access, crime rate, and education.
- List the needs you see in your community. This can include better support for low-income families, assistance for lonely or elderly people, and better clean up of public areas, etc.
- Listen to a community leader, teacher, church pastor, or police officer talk about ways that someone like you can make a positive impact in a community. Remember to take notes.
- Report in your own way to your Pathfinder Club about your findings and describe what you have specifically learned about the community you chose. Be creative.
- Describe the most important improvements your community needs and what you can do to help.