- Have the Intermediate Swimming Honor.
- Learn the meaning of the following terms:
- Across the wind
- Basic starting position
- Beginner’s checklist
- Board control
- Center line
- Center plane
- Forward hand
- Mast position
- Points of the clock
- Sail trim
- Self rescue
- Scissor technique
- Visual reference point
- Know the names of the board parts and demonstrate how to rig your own sail.
- Explain the basics of sailing theory.
- Define and demonstrate the basic starting position.
- Define and demonstrate the four steps to tacking.
- Define and demonstrate the four steps to jibing.
- List the seven starting sequence steps used to start a sailboard moving through the water.
- Answer the following questions about safety:
- What safety equipment should be worn while windsurfing?
- Why is it important to know the local weather forecast before going out on the water?
- When first learning to windsurf, why is it important to be in an enclosed or protected area?
- What are the hand signals for “Everything is okay” and “I need help”?
- How should the sail and sailboard be cared for to keep them in good working order?
- Successfully sail a sailboard to a visual point of reference and return to the starting position.
10 på lager
Varenummer (SKU): Wind surfing Kategorier: Spejder duelighedstegn, Sport og fritid (grøn) Tags: natur, sejlads, svoemning, udstyr, vand
Prerequisite: Tree Honor. Learn the proper use of the following common forestry tools and practice using them on trees in a forest. Record the information for…
Forklar følgende fenomener og hvordan de oppstår: Dugg Hagl Snø Regn Tåke Rim Redegjør for de ti hovedtyper av skyer – disse skyenes omtrentlige høyder…
What is renewable energy? Why is renewable energy important? Describe how each of the following sources is used as a renewable source of energy. Draw…
Have the Advanced Beginner’s Swimming Honor. Know and practice the following safety rules: Never ski at night. Never ski during an electrical storm. Always wear…