- Have the following Honors:
- Camping Skills I-IV
- First Aid
- Fire Building and Camp Cookery
- Know and practice the principles of health, safety, and rules of conduct to be used when in the wilderness with a youth group.
- Know and demonstrate the principles of signaling and rescue.
- Assist in planning and participate with a group in a mock demonstration of what to do if lost, stranded, or injured in wilderness. Assist in planning and participate as a leader in a search and rescue operation involving a hidden “injured” person.
- Demonstrate some skills necessary for wilderness leadership in one of the following areas:
- Mountain (rocks, ice, high altitude)
- Temperate forest
- Plain and tundra
- Understand and demonstrate wilderness and camping etiquette regarding the preservation of the outdoors.
- Identify in the wild, prepare, and eat ten varieties of wild plants.
- Learn some of the wilderness leadership qualities of two of the following:
- John the Baptist
- Lead a group in a weekend wilderness camping experience, applying the principles and skills learned in this Honor.
18 på lager
Varenummer (SKU): Wilderness leadership Kategorier: Spejder duelighedstegn, Sport og fritid (grøn) Tags: bibel, forholdsregler, hjaelp, overlevelse, sikkerhed
Prerequisite: Tree Honor. Learn the proper use of the following common forestry tools and practice using them on trees in a forest. Record the information for…
Have the Red Alert Honor. Tour a fire station or listen to a firefighter give a talk to your club or school. Organize and conduct…
What is engineering? Define the following four branches of engineering. Chemical engineering Electrical engineering Civil engineering Mechanical engineering Identify and define at least 15 additional…
What is renewable energy? Why is renewable energy important? Describe how each of the following sources is used as a renewable source of energy. Draw…