- What are the soil requirements for growing bramble berries, strawberries, grapes, and blueberries?
- Write a one-page report telling how to grow one of the above fruits. Include the following:
- Variety selection
- Soil preparation
- Planting techniques
- Pruning (where applicable)
- Pest control
- Name three varieties of each fruit that will grow well in your area.
- Prune two blueberry bushes, two grape vines, or a ten-foot row of bramble berries at the proper time in the family garden or for a friend or neighbor.
- What is a perishable crop?
- How long can strawberries, bramble berries, blueberries, and grapes be stored?
- Describe a serious insect or disease pest for each fruit. Include when the problem occurs, damage caused, and chemical or cultural treatments. Use as many pictures or drawings as possible.
- Take a soil test from a garden and determine which fruits will grow there. Ask for fertilizer recommendations for one of the crops and determine the cost of fertilizer needed for 6 100-foot rows.
8 på lager
Varenummer (SKU): Small Fruit Growing Kategorier: Landbrug og dyrehold (brun), Spejder duelighedstegn Tags: baer, fruit, goede, gro, mad
Instructor Required Remember: Trip planning and notification: Know three most important survival items that you can carry in your pocket. Research and discuss the following…
How are ferns different from flowering plants or trees? Where is the true stem of a fern? What part grows above the ground? What is the most…
Hva er hovedpoenget med et frø? Hva var den første maten Adam fikk i Edens Hage? Forklar følgende begreper ut i fra et frø eller…
Describe in writing or with pictures how the early pioneers met the following basic living needs: Housing and furnishings Clothing Food Cooking Warmth and light…