This award is intended to make children aware of and look forward to the Second Coming and Heaven.
- Find and read a promise of Jesus’ Second Coming in the Bible.
- Act out a parable from the Bible about Jesus’ Second Coming.
- Name a Bible book and chapter that describes Last Day events.
- Make a list of the signs of Jesus’ Second Coming found in Matt. 24:3-14.
- Describe Jesus’ ascension of Heaven and tell how it is like or unlike the way He will return.
- Find and read a description of the Holy City or New Earth in the Bible.
- Complete and memorize John 14:2,3 using one of the following activities:
- Fill in the blanks:
- “In my Father’s _______ are many _______; if it were not so I would have _____ ____. I go to _______ __ ______ for you. And if I go and _________________, I will _____ _____, and receive you unto ______; that where ______, there _____ may be also.”
- Put each word on an index card (one word/card), and have the children put the cards in order.
- Help make a rebus of the memory verse.
- Hide pieces of the puzzle and make a game for the Parable of Lost Coins with them.
- Close your eyes and imagine meeting Jesus at the Pearly Gate, then either draw a picture of what you imagined or create what the Pearly Gate would look like.
- John 14:1-3; Acts 1:11
- The Ten Virgins, Matt, 25:1-13; The Net, Matt. 13:47,48; The Wicked Tenants, Matt. 21:33; Mark 12:1-10; Luke 20:9-16; The Great Banquet, Luke 14:16-24; Matt. 22:1-14; The Lost Coin, Luke 15:8-10; The Narrow Door, Matt. 7:13,14; Luke 13:22-30; The Weeds, Matt. 24-30; The Lost Sheep, Luke 15:3-7; The Sower, Matt. 13:3-23; Others.
- Matt. 24
- False Christ (v.5), wars and fall of kingdoms (v.6-7), famine and earthquakes (v.7), persecution (9), turning away (v.10), false prophets (v.11), increased wickedness and love growing cold (v.12), gospel to all the world (v.14).
- 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18, Acts 1:1-8.
- Isaiah 65:17-25; Rev. 21, 22.
- Provide heavy paper, markers, scissors.
- Have available paper, markers/crayons, popsicle sticks, glitter, construction paper, pearls, foil, etc