- List four major types of microscopes. What are some of the characteristics of each? Be able to identify the different types of microscopes from pictures or visit a laboratory in a university or industry which has thcse microscopes.
- Be able to identify the following parts of a microscopc and explain or demonstrate the function of each: eye-piece or ocular, objective, body tube, nosepiece, stage, diaphragm. base, focus knob, and arm.
- Know how to calculate the magnification of a compound microscope. Calculate the magnification of the microscope you use for this honor.
- Define the following microscopic terms: slide, coverslip, wetmount, fixing, staining, oil immersion, unicellular, inulticellular, cilia, flagella, plankton.
- Collect samples of water (from ponds, streams, ditches, gutters, puddles, etc.) and search for living organisms using a microscope with at least 100 X magnification. Draw five of these organisms as accurately as possible. As far as possible, identify and label your diagrams (include the magnification used).
- Draw and label a cell which includes the following parts: cell membrane, nucleus, and cytoplasm.
- Give at least one example of how microscopic life is important for: human food, human health, medicine, other organisms.
- Give at least three health habits that have been established as a direct result of harmful microscopic life. Put these habits into practice.
10 på lager
Varenummer (SKU): Microscopic Life Kategorier: Natur (hvid), Spejder duelighedstegn Tags: biologi, celle, dyr, linse, videnskab
Distinguish between rocks and minerals. Have a collection of at least fifteen specimens correctly named. Label each specimen with collector’s name, date, and locality in…
Forklar følgende fenomener og hvordan de oppstår: Dugg Hagl Snø Regn Tåke Rim Redegjør for de ti hovedtyper av skyer – disse skyenes omtrentlige høyder…
Angi generelle karakteristika for bløtdyrenes rekke. Forklar ved hjelp av tegninger av musling- og snegleskall følgende begreper og organer: apex operculum kappelinje ligament (bånd) dorsalrand…
Earn the Mammal Honor. Keep a small mammal pet for at least 6 months. (Dogs and Cats are not included as small mammal pets.) For…