- Explain how and why weather, season, and water supply are considered when choosing a campsite. Explain what care to take with regard to safe water, sanitary facilities, and emergencies.
- Prepare a list of clothing you would need for an overnight camp in warm and cold weather.
- Know and practice the safety rules in camping.
- Show your ability to use a camp knife by demonstrating or explaining safety rules for its use and making shavings for tinder.
- Prepare for an overnight camp with a group by making a list of personal items and group items that will be needed.
- Prepare balanced menus for one cooked breakfast, lunch, and supper.
- Complete the following while on an overnight camping trip:
- Prepare ground properly for comfortable sleeping.
- Correctly pitch and strike a tent.
- Prepare a proper safe area for a campfire. Show proper use of wood tools in getting and preparing fuel for a fire.
- Show how to protect your camp against animals, insects, and wet or bad weather.
- Show how to take proper care of the environment as you camp and leave the area with no trace of having been there.
- Know eight things to do when lost.
- Camp for a continuous three days and two nights, sleeping each night under the stars or in a tent. Be actively involved in cooking at least two of the meals.
- Considering the things learned in this honor and the camping done, what is the meaning and the reason of the Pathfinder Camping Code?
87 på lager