- Why is it important to find out what the local laws are before starting a camp fire? Where should you get that information?
- Identify 3 reasons why a camp fire should never be left unattended.
- List 10 rules for fire safety to consider when camping.
- Identify the temperature the following foods should be kept at, and explain why this is important when camping:
- Hot foods
- Cold foods
- List 5 things you can do to prevent animals from coming into your campsite.
- What safety precautions should you consider when building a latrine?
- Make a list of items that should be in a “First Aid Kit” and inspect your Pathfinder Club’s camping first aid kit and make recommendations of any missing items as applicable.
- List 5 things to consider when practicing good hygiene at a campsite where there is no running water (ie showers, flush toilets, sinks, or faucets).
- Demonstrate 3 ways you can purify water when camping.
- Identify 2 types of fuel used for camp cooking and explain what precautions should be used when using each type of fuel. Discuss 5 guidelines for safely handling the following camping items:
- Assist your club or conference leadership in a campsite safety inspection using the current Adventist Risk Management Pathfinder Camp Safety Inspection Form or its equivalent. (available for download from adventistrisk.com) http://www.adventistrisk.org/Portals/0/forms/riskcontrol/CAMP SELF-INSPECTION_20130423.pdf. Be able to briefly explain the score/report given concerning the safety of the campsite.
4 på lager